San Joaquin Delta Community College in Stockton, California is hiring a full-time instructor to teach Mexican American History. The application deadline is February 26. The ideal candidate will be able to teach undergraduate History courses and also assistant the dean in on-campus activities and student groups. From the job posting about minimum and preferred qualifications:
• Master’s in history OR Bachelor’s in history AND Master’s in political science, humanities, geography, area studies, women’s studies, social science, or ethnic studies or the equivalent.
• Demonstrated teaching experience.
• Sensitivity to and demonstrated success teaching in a diverse academic, socioeconomic, cultural, disability, ethnic environment such as a community college.
• Experience teaching courses in African American History, Asian Pacific American History or Mexican American History • Earned doctorate in history.
• Experience in teaching survey courses in history.
• Demonstrated ability and desire to stay current in the field and commitment to high academic standards.
• Experience teaching postsecondary courses, especially at the community college level.
• Demonstrated ability to adapt teaching strategies and techniques to different levels of students’ ability and learning styles.
• Demonstrated ability to adapt teaching strategies and techniques to students from different cultures and ethnic groups.
• Demonstrated ability to use innovative and creative teaching techniques and equipment • Use technology for teaching and management of online course information. Familiarity and ability to teach in a distance learning environment.
• Demonstrated leadership and ability to work with community groups and the schools in order to coordinate the educational program with the needs of the community.
• Desire and willingness to make the educational programs successful.”
For more information, follow the link: